Days, they are achanging.
#picofthedayMay: Something you wore today.
I don’t go for pink or coral toes. Oh no- my favorite is a cheery black or steel grey.
Storms brought rain, lightning, thunder, and hail this evening. I would like to say that I enjoyed it as much as the chicklet (he says that hail tastes salty), but it the barometric pressure just hurts. At least the flowers will be pretty in the mornin’.
Lastly, a shout out to the http://www.goodreads.com/ peeps. They added a scanner to the mobile app. It ROCKS.
The past few days have been KILLER- and not in a good way.
SO, to lighten things up, I thought I would share some facts that you may or may not know.
Prepare to laugh:
- More than 10 people are killed by vending machines per year!
- To burn off a Big Mac, fry, and super sized Coke- you would have to walk 7 miles STRAIGHT!
- Cash machines are DIRTIER than public toilets.
- The can opener was invented 48 YEARS after the can.
- Cherophobia = Fear of FUN
- The dried foodstuff used by the military was originally created to be rehydrated by urine.
- Chewing gum is known to boost your brain power!
- Taiwan has a Hello Kitty themed hospital.
- There is a town in Pennsylvania named Intercourse!
- Over 1000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.
And my favorite: Myopia is associated with higher IQ.
Yep- I knew my sexy glasses were more than just cute!
I adore thrift stores. Call ’em what you will: Consignment shops, antique malls, resale stores, Goodwill.
I LOVE them.
Some of the things that I always look for are: Scrabble games, Ouija boards, cast iron trivets, and interesting old picture frames.
Imagine how excited I was when D found this game for me this week. It was waiting for me when I got home from work the other night, on the stand just inside the front door. I actually squealed!
Just last weekend, I found the coolest Chinese Checkers game, marbles inside and intact. I have some crafty plans for this eventually- but not until I play a few rounds with my youngest chicklet.
There are SO many crafty ideas floating around in my brain for these pre-used goodies.
Stay tuned- I will share one of my projects next week!
New Blog Disclaimer:
Sometimes, I am not nice. Or polite. Or even civil. IN REAL LIFE.
But most of the time I am a creative, supportive, and
lovely normal person.
I have a plan…..stay tuned!